With the overall goal of forging partnerships and providing value to parents, employees, and the public, the following functions describe the roles played by school public relations:
• Anticipating image problems.
• Providing solutions.
• Handling all aspects of district publications, e.g., external newspaper and internal newsletter, Website.
• Acting as the key contact for the media: writing news releases; working to get media coverage.
• Designing objective, informational materials for budget/bond issue campaigns Designing all levels of communications, including writing a crisis communication plan.
• Conducting public relations research, surveys, and polls.
• Interpreting results for management.
• Creating avenues for student/staff recognition.